Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Well at least it makes for a good story

Last week was a life first for me, and quite honestly it is a first I never anticipated. I was the target of a criminal police investigation. I became aware of this when I had a conversation with a delightfully polite Detective Miller from New York State. In case you are wondering the crime I was being investigated for was identity theft, and it was all Abigail's fault. Apparently, back in the Spring when we bought our tickets to Washington, Abigail got the last two card numbers switched. It so happened that this number matched someone else, who I am guessing happens to be be named Sean Johnson, whose card had the same expiration date and lives in New York. After we flew the airline billed the other person, who then called the police. Obviously it was a mistake, and it was mistake that the airline should have caught (addresses not matching and what not), in less than 24 hours the whole thing was straightened out.

1 Comments:

Blogger ButlerBowldog said...

Maybe Abigail was just trying to keep the vacation under budget by billing someone else. The budget is law, after all. Just a thought.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home