Thursday, November 26, 2009

Top 50 Movies finale

As already mentioned this list will be a bit on the boring side, but here is the finish.

10. Boondock Saints
I love this movie. After the Star Wars movies, this is one that I can watch over and over again in a short time period. I find the two Irish brothers to be roll on the floor funny. The pacing, cinematography, and story telling are all stellar. Finally, I really like this movie because at its base (and then covered up with a bunch of bullets, blood, and f-bombs) is the question of human involvement with divine judgement.

9. Attack of the Clones
Every step this movie takes forward: A great portrayal of Obi-wan Kenobi in his prime, spot on soundtrack, Yoda fighting with a lightsaber, and Ankian's first step to the dark side (which I totally called was going to happen with Sand People killing his mom back in 2000) is completely stunted by a terrible love story that could have been done so much better. Still it is a Star Wars movie, and because of that it is one of my top movies.

8. The Matrix
I love this movie. It has a lot going for it. It has an intersting sci-fi premise, incredible style, good plot twist, exciting fights, and [phlisophical questions aobut belief. I watched this movie a ton in college, and The Matrix more than anything else is responsible for the Masked Banditz. It is a shame the sequels for so bad.

7. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

6. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

5. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The LotR movies have to come in a row because they really are not stand alone movies. Together the three movies tell the epic story. As far as how I enjoy them, it is in this order. Fellowship of the Ring is the slowest, but the Mines of Moria make up for that. The Two Towers is the best to watch because of the Smegol/Gollum interaction and the Battle of Helms Deep.

4. Revenge of the Sith
A while ago I wrote a blog where I ordered the Star Wars movies. At that time, I put this movie over Return of the Jedi. After watching all of the movies in a row, that has changed. The original trilogy really is a lot better than the prequels. However, the opening scene of this movie is so awesome.

3. Return of the Jedi
So Return of the Jedi started a trend in Star Wars storytelling that I am done with, and that is the fact that Tatooine shows up everywhere. With Return of the Jedi, Tatooine became the first planet to show up twice. Because of that, it is everywhere. I have read A LOT of Star Wars books and I promise every single one of them mentions Tattoine in some sort of reference. Luke described the planet as the furthest point from the bright spot of the universe, but apperently the entire Star Wars universe revolves around this planet.

2. A New Hope

1. Empire Strikes Back
If you have read previous Star Wars posts over the several years I have had a blog, then you know why I love this movie. If you havn't . .. then look it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home