Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lets Start over

Here is how it happens. I go a week without posting because I am busy. I think about something I want to post the next week, but I am not able to get around to it. So I have this one idea in my head, but I get another one. I am sure what I want to write about, so I go a third week without posting anything, this problem keeps compounding until almost six weeks go by! So let's all just pretend I have been a good little blogger, and there is an entire month's worth of imaginary posts.

Anyway, as I have stated before I do not care a whole lot of watching TV. It is not that I have anything against TV shows per se, but I dislike the idea of scheduling my life around watching them (and since it is now DS Season, I have to do that in part). However, I am becoming a very big fan of watching TV shows on DVD, because I can get the experience of the show when I want. Abigail and I recently did this by buying the first season of 24 on DVD, since it was on sale at Target for less than a $1 an episode. Due to someone's OCD tendencies, we ended up watching the whole thing in about 10 days. It was a good story (if not a bit far fetched and a little holey), and I loved the fact that I was allowed to watch it when I wanted. With more and more TV shows becoming very episodic with a strong continuity, I think that DVD is going to be the way I will want to go. Since we don't pay for cable, I have no problem with occasionally buying a TV series. Also, we recently switched our online video rental. We were using GameznFlix, but switched to blockbuster because the monthly coupon is now good for a game and because Blockbuster stocks TV shows as well. After we watch more seasons of 24, I am really going to pull for that we tackle Battlestar Galactica next.

2 Comments:

Blogger ButlerBowldog said...

Welcome back! The Blockbuster online thing thus far seems to rock. Battlestar Galactica is decent (I watch it weekly) and I'm a fan (not a crazed one or anything). The Brit is also a fan.

7:49 AM  
Blogger ButlerBowldog said...

Welcome back! The Blockbuster online thing thus far seems to rock. Battlestar Galactica is decent (I watch it weekly) and I'm a fan (not a crazed one or anything). The Brit is also a fan.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home