Thursday, November 06, 2008

To many games!

Between the 2nd week of October and the fourth week of November there are over 400 video games coming out! Now a lot of these are games I am not going to play, like Dora the Explorer games, but there are still a lot of good games coming out.
Of course I am indulging as much as I can. A couple of weeks ago I got the excellent Fable II. At midnight tonight I will be getting Gears of War 2 (and then playing it for a couple of hours). Next week it will be Call of Duty: World at War and then the week after that it will be Left 4 Dead. Even though they have already come out I am also hoping to get Fallout 3 and Star Wars the Force Unleashed Honestly, this is more games than I need, and honestly these don't keep me fully occupied until like March or April or 2009, then something is wrong (and yes Abigail you can quote me on that). However those game are only part of the games coming out that I think look really good and that I want to play. So in my mind this seems like a good time for a list, so in the dramatic descending order here are the
"Top Five Games I want, but probably won't play because there are to many games coming out!"

5. Dead Space
This survival-horror game came out last month, and I probably won't get around to playing it. All of the reviews and impressions make this sound good. Given the single player nature, this is a game I want to play but probably would not buy. Maybe in June or July of 2009 I will get around to renting it.

4. Far Cry 2
I was not a big fan of the first Far Cry, but this game is related mostly in title only. Far Cry 2 is an open world FPS, an idea that really should have existed before now. This game also has a detailed map editor, which is something that should draw me like a moth to a flame. Under normal circumstances it would, but with so many other games, this one has to get a pass.

3. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
I have always had a soft spot for Mortal Kombat, and this game pits Mortal Kombat classics like sub-zero and Scorpion against comic book characters like Batman and the Flash. It sounds like all kinds of awesome, but Soul Calibur IV was my fighting game this year, and there is only enough room for one.

2. Tomb Raider Underworld
I enjoyed Tomb Raider Legend a lot more than I thought I would when I played it. However, I was resigned that I just would not get around to this game. That was until I played the demo last night. It was fun and really good looking. Now I really want to play the whole thing. However, like Dead Space I will probably be lookng to rent in months from now.

1. Endwar
This is a strategy game that is completly voice controlled, and it works really well. Of all the games that I will miss out on, this is the one that I wish I could find some way to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home