Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Final Pieces

So we have successfully moved, and the unpacking is going well. If I had to dare guess, I would say we are about 60% done. The only room that is completely finished is (of course) the Star Wars/video game/"man cave" room. This is the fourth room I have had that also functions as a little Star Wars museum, and I have to say it is the best looking one. However, I think that my Star Wars collection is mostly complete. I guess that in the future something could come out that I would really want to get, but I just about have all the Star Wars stuff I could possibly want. In fact, before this move I made several children very happy, by giving away a good deal of stuff. Mostly because in Indianapolis, I had several full boxes of star Wars stuff in storage, and that seemed silly. I now only have one, and they are almost all action figures, so I really hope my kid likes Star Wars because if they do they will have a very, very good Christmas one year :)

Several people have said to me, they have seen Star Wars things, but did not get them because they have no idea what I have and what I might want. I mentioned that my collection is mostly complete. There are a few things that I missed along the past 15 years, and getting those would make things complete. Here are those missing pieces:

1. The missing figures
If you have ever seen one of my Star Wars rooms, then you know the centerpiece is the border of action figures that goes around the entire perimeter of the room. Of the 700 or so figures available, there are only two that I wish I had
Photobucket

Photobucket
The first one is a character from the video game Force Unleashed. The Star Wars items I tend to be drawn to the most are Extended universe (did not appear in the movies) and obscure alien items. The second figure is a Darth Vader concept. When making the original Star Wars Ralph McQuarie made sketches of the characters, and this figure is based off of that sketch.

2. Figure Packs
I only have a few figure two packs/ deluxe figures, but I really like these two and I wish I did not miss them.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The first one, Amanaman, is one of those obscure aliens. This figure came out while I was in college, so I was not really looking at that time. However, if I had ever seen it I would have bought this one. I am excited though, because I saw this figure is being re-released in one of the comic two packs sometime this year.
The second picture is a comic two pack, and I want it because I actually have the old comic that the two figures come from, and it is amazing how much the figures look like they came right from the comic book. It might be possible to find this one in a Toys R Us or Kaybee still, but I think I missed this one as well.

3. Unleashed Figures


If I had an unlimited amount of space and funds, I would get all of the original Unleashed figures. These figures are essentially 6-8 inch plastic statues, that are awesome looking. I have several of these, but I missed (never saw) this awesome Yoda
Photobucket

A couple of years ago, they switched the Unleashed brand to be smaller figure multipacks. I have mostly ignored those, but I would like to get the 501st.
Photobucket

4. Mighty Muggs
Mighty Muggs, are cute ultra-deformed figures. They come in boxes that are awkward to display, so I only have two of them. I think the coolest of these are the stormtroopers/clone troopers, so I would like to get Commander Cody because he fits that and he is a main character in the clone wars cartoons.
Photobucket

5. Republic Gunship

One thing I have very little of, is vehicles. Mostly because vehicles have always been more expensive. My favorite part of Episode II was watching the republic gunships, so I would really like to get one. I recently got a Transformer one one of these ships but the full size thing would be cool too
Photobucket

6. AT-AT
The biggest hole in my collection is the complete lack of an AT-AT. The AT-AT is my absolute favorite Star Wars vehicle, and I do not have one. They do make a AT-AT in scale with the figures, but it is rather expensive. I would be happy with an "Action Fleet" one, which I sadly passed up on several times in high school. There are several options, and I would be happy with any of them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home