Thursday, June 30, 2005

Analyzing myself

I have had two psychology courses, and that is enough to know that are subconcious plays out our inner issues in dreams quite often. I think last night I had a familiar dream for the very last time. Since we have moved to Corydon, I have had the same dream at least once a week, probably more. The details of the dream are always different, but the basic premise is the same: I have to go back to high school or middle school, at my current age. The school is always slightly different, but the same and it is a combination of the high school and middle school I attended. People I attended high school or middle school are there, but at the age they should be to be in school, but I am a 24 year old trapped in a middle school class room, and that is the best way to explain how I feel in those dreams, trapped. However, last night when I had this dream I got up in the middle of the class, told the teacher I am withdrawing from the school, and walked out the door. This has NEVER happened in the dreams before. Also, in this dream I found out why I have had these dreams for so long. In the dream, I decided to leave the school after I realized I would not have to substitute teach anymore. I believe the dreams were my subconcious way of dealing with anxiety feelings, related to substitue teaching. It is no secret that I did not care much for subbing, but on very deep levels, I must have felt hoplessly stuck in doing it. This is especially true, when I consider that half the time these dreams ended with me sinking in a body of water.
So do I earn an honorary Freudian psychology degree, for this amazing psyco-analysis? I guess I will have to wait and see if these dreams truly do stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home