Monday, July 04, 2005

Binge Gaming

Frat boys have binge drinking where they carry what they consider fun (though how getting drunk is fun will always be beyond me), so I guess people like me can apply the same concept of wanton excess to something they enjoy. My brother came down this weekend and was here for right at 48 hours. Now including sleeping, I would wager somewhere between 22-18 of those hours were spent gaming. All in all we played 13 different games. As usual Star Wars Battlefront was the main game of choice. There are only a small handfull of games that I can say I have "mastered", but Star Wars Battlefront can be added to this list. We played through about every level twice on the hardest setting, and with only one faction were there three levels we lost, and they were all close games. I was also happy to get and play Brothers in Arms against another person. Out of the 13 games we played seven were first person shooters. I don't even want to guess how much simulated death we caused, but I saw on the news today that video games are acutally good for me, regular video game players have a heigtened hand eye cordination, alertness, and are they are able to interpret their surroundings more quickly. Researchers believe that video game playing may help stimulate the brain and aid in the therapy of some stroke victims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home