Saturday, May 17, 2008

Let's Spend Money (only not for real)

Yesterday we got notification that the economic stimulus check is on its way. Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid, especially since this is the second time this administration has tried this, and it didn't work the first time. Oh well, they didn't ask me anyway. So we are getting $1,200, and we won't spend it because Dave says not to. However, I like to pretend I will instead actually do my "patriotic duty" and buy crap I don't need but really want. So what follows are the top five things I would like to have, but probably won't ever spend money on.

5. Gamecube
The Nintendo Gamecube is dead and mostly buried. However, it also on closeout at Target right now. For $60 I can get an brand new Gamecube, and honestly I think it is worth it just to play the Nintendo exclusives I missed out on such as Zelda: Twlight Princess, Zelda: Windwaker, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Rouge Squadron, Baten Kaitos, and Eternal Requiem.

4. Specialized Controller
My favorite type of video games are shooters, followed by strategy games. However, I also like fighters and classic arcade games, even though I am not the greatest at them. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 controller is not the best to play these games, it just isn't precise enough. However, for $100 this controller is specifically made for those games:
Photobucket

3. Doom: The Board Game
Growing up one of my favorite games was Hero Quest. I would love to play another Dungeon Crawl board game. The excellent Zombies is similar but lacks the objective based gameplay. I think that the Doom the board game would be a good fit for me.
Photobucket
I learned from Hero Quest though, that while I love the game no one ever wanted to play with me. It would probably be the same with this, which is why it is perfect on a list of stuff that I want but will probably never get.

2. Comic Books
Of all the things on this list, this is probably the one I would be most likely to actually do. I read comic books for a number of years. I eventually gave up on them, becase I realized they are a bit of a money pit and the cost (when I quit reading X-men it was $1.75 an issue, I think it is now $2.99) was a bit high for the pay off. However, access to the Marvel library in a digital format for only $60 a year sounds like an instant win to me.

1. Skee Ball
Photobucket
I think all couples have "their things", and Skee Ball is one of Abigail and I's things. Every once in a while we got a date to Chuck E. Cheese to eat Pizza and play skee ball against each other. True story. To buy the actual commercial machine, like the one shown is between $4,000-$5,000. However scaled down home versions of Skee Ball can be bought for $400-$600. Buying a home skee ball machine would totally stimulate the economy right?

1 Comments:

Blogger ButlerBowldog said...

Couldn't skee-ball be partially funded through church. You know...for youth group activities. Only you would store it at your house.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home