Monday, March 10, 2008

Notable Quotables

At one point in my life, I would write down any good quotes I heard or ran across. Sometimes I wish that was a practice I still did, because I like quotes. A good quote has a way of summarizing an idea deep, profound, and loaded with true into a couple of sentences. In a way of I have begun doing this again, because Facebook has section for posting quotes, and I have been slowly filling mine up. Here are the quotes I currently have there. In my opinion this is all good stuff:

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." The Matrix

"Do or do not. There is no try." Empire Strikes Back

"Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet." Todd Agnew


"When I feed the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are poor, they call me a communist." - Bishop Oscar Romero

"I believe the greatest trick of the devil is not to get us into some sort of evil but rather have us wasting time. This is why the devil tries so hard to get Christians to be religious. If he can sink a man's mind into habit, he will prevent his heart from engaging God." -Donald Miller

" 'Safe?" said Mr. Beaver. 'Don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."
-C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

"If Jesus isn't worth dying for, then he's not worth living for either." -Kendra Dean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home