Saturday, October 02, 2004

In Training

It is scary to think about but I have been a youth minister for over a year, and I am just now getting formal, specific ministry training! Yesterday I got back from a conference on Worship. The entire ministry staff of Old Capitol went and it was really cool. I unfortuantly was not able to stay for the entire thing but I did get to attend two seminars on Creativity (worship and sermons respectivly) which were both good. The best part though was the conversations I had on the way up with the pastor and parish visitor and on the way back with the pastor and worship cordinator.

And two weeks ago, I got to go to a specific youth ministry workshop in Evansville. That was really cool, and I definatly got a lot out of that. I especially liked because it was structured to create interaction with other youth workers, and out of that I got an idea for a totally sweet summer retreat/camp that I so want to make happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home