Friday, January 11, 2008

What I want to do this year

Now that I have fully considered 2007, it is time to start looking to 2008. I don't like the phrase new years resolutions, and I don't really like the idea of setting an annual goal either. With both of those it is a pass/fail option and living life shouldn't be that way, so these are not resolutions or goals but rather some things I want to accomplish this year.

By the end of 2008 I should only have one more semester of Seminary. I am currently rocking out a 3.7 GPA. I finished High School with a 3.3 and college with a 3.5 so this the highest GPA I have ever had. Either school gets easier the higher one goes, or I am just a better student. Anyway, one of the things I want to accomplish this year is to maintain (or raise) that GPA. The biggest hindrance to this is an unhealthy dose of cynicism. I had two classes last semester that sucked something awful. I am fairly sure that one of the classes probably classified as a crime against humanity under the Geneva Accords. By the end of the semester those two classes left me with a "screw it" attitude, and I am have one of those same professors again this coming semester.

Another thing I want to do this year is write more. I had a good hook up for video game reviews in 2006, but I only did one in 2007 because they changed their policy which no longer made it possible to break even with buying a game to review. However, there is nothing stopping me from trying to get more ideas published in Group magazine.

Along the same lines I have spent way to long toying with the idea of a youth ministry blog. I easily create 50-60% of the stuff that I do for youth group meetings, so that is a great deal of content. I also have random ideas and a lot of seminary papers that could be interesting to someone (yeah probably not). However, if I did this I would want to do it for real and pay for it. I am afraid that if I went the free route (like blogger for instance) then over time I would not keep it up. However, If I registered a domain name (it would be www.lessserthangideon.com by the way) and had to pay for hosting then I would be much, much likely to actually do it and keep it going. I may ultimately decide not to, because I won't be serious enough about maintaining a real blog, but as of right now it is something I want to do in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home