Friday, January 30, 2009

Copied from Facebook

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

I think it goes without saying that if you have been tagged, and already did this then you are exempt.

1. I am a rarity in that I am a die hard Star Wars fan and I actually like Episodes 2 and 3.

2. In college I created my own card game. It simulated action film style martial arts fighting and was semi-customizable.

3. I consider my greatest accomplishment in high school to be part of the group that formed and created the N.H. Underground, a student ran and distributed paper that was not endorsed by the school.

4. The first girl I kissed is the one I married :)

5. In Brothers in Arms, a video game on the PS2, I was ranked in the top 20 players.

6. I was once investigated for identity theft. It was an amazingly improbable coincidence and a big misunderstanding.

7. I doodle a lot. It is really hard for me to have a pen in my hand, a piece of paper in front of me, and not draw on it.

8. In high school a lot of my money went to playing the Star Wars CCG. I even played in multiple tournaments, and I won one once.

9. When I quit working at Pizza Hut in Corydon I hid stickers all over the store that read "Work is overrated." A couple of years later when we moved back to Corydon, I found one of my stickers was still up in the dining room.

10. I read comic books seriously for a little over five years. I quit because Marvel declared bankruptcy and because I was tired of the plotlines being unresolved.

11. Of those comic books I read four series regularly: Uncanny X-men, X-men, Spiderman 2099, and Primordials. Sadly Primoridals was canceled after a year, and the story was left hanging.

12. It is no secret to anyone that I like video games and play a lot of them, but I like board games more and I would rather play a board game over a video game any day.

13. In 4th grade I created a fantasy world in my head called Giam. Anything I have ever written or created in a fantasy setting has taken place in that world. Interestingly enough, I did this well before reading Lord of the Rings and my fantasy world had its own Dark Lord who at one time lived in the land of Meduka. The similarities between that and Tolkien's Mordor were coincidental.

14. I don't like talking on the telephone. If I have to call someone, especially if it is to ask them do something I get a lot of anxiety over it.

15. I once cheated on a 1,000 word essay by writing 500 words and then recopying the same 500 words. I Got an A+. .

16. I played Civilization III once where I started the game at about 8pm, and I did not move from the chair at all until 5am. The next day I finished the game, and the day after that I got rid of it.

17. I think that using games and play is one of the most effective ways to learn, and I am happy that youth ministry allows me to use those techniques.

18. Speaking of youth ministry, my favorite youth group game: Silent Football.

19. My second favorite: Monkey Ball

20. When I spent two years subbing, I think I told the "Purple Ape story" every day that I was in an elementary school room. When I tell that story it is always about my friend Adam (who I always mention is really tall, I think several of you can figure out who that is)

21. I like to read, and my favorite books to read are licensed science fiction such as Star Wars novels and even the Halo novels.

22. Despite that my favorite book (after the Bible of course) is The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

23. Speaking of the Bible my favorite non-gospel book in the Bible is a toss up between Romans and 1 John.

24. My biggest guilty pleasure is listening to a video game podcast while playing video games very late on Friday night (though technically I guess it is Saturday morning)

25. I am making this list instead of reading for my senior thesis/research project which is about using video games as an educational tool in youth ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home