Friday, December 31, 2004

The Top Ten of 2004

I can't believe that this is the third time I am making a year in review top ten list. This past year was the first one I spent as an "adult". I can also say that personally this past year has been a very hard one. I had a lot of unresolved issues with my self and God that got resolved and that is never easy. However, most of that was the first half of the year, since August my life as felt like a continous blur, where everything just melds together. Anyway, here are the top ten experiences I had in 2004.

10. A funeral: Funerals themselves are not fun, or really good experiences. However, I need to conclude the funeral of my grandfather on this list because it is significant. It was the first funeral I have ever attended.

9. Returning to UE: One of my greatest longings I have right now is for friends. I so greatly enjoyed going to Andrew's recital and staying at UE. I greatly enjoyed being able to spend time with friends I had not seen for so long, and cutting two liter bottles full of water with a sword is just good wholesome fun.

8. The Invasion: there were several really good Youth group events that were highlights this year. Including a July Mission trip, an all day lock-in, the Video game Tournament, and the Winter retreat I just got back from. However, this one is where I was most blown away. The Invasion was a mix between a lock-in and a retreat. It was held at the church and lasted about 26 hours, and 32 teenagers showed up!

7. Friends in March: I don't know the day but on a Saturday in March Rusty, Allen, Andrew, and Stephen came and spent the entire day hanging out at my apartment. This was a time when I was in the darkest depth of one of the darkest places I have ever been emotionally. Spending time with friends that day was a huge, huge therapy for me. so thanks guys.

6. Practice Parenting: Well it wasn't really, but it was the closest I have been. At the end of June, Abigail's brother and sister spent close to a week with us. We went to Holiday World, made a movie with the youth group, and played a lot of Champions of Norrath.

5. Casting Crowns: I attended three concerts this year. However, the best was by far Casting Crowns. I would say this concert was the best worship service I have experienced.

4. Thanksgiving: It had been a really, really long time since I had been able to spend any decent amount of time with my family. So I really enjoyed staying with them a few days over Thanksgiving (and winning a hard fought battle for the clone armies of the Republic!)

3. 150 Worship and The Zone: These aren't tecnically single events, but they are two huge undertakings that I was part of. 150 Worship is a youth focused worship service that has been going on since May. It never really took off but it has met the needs of the church youth, and I believe helped lead to the church taking the step to starting a true alternative service, and the Zone is a Friday night hangout which so far as reached close to 50 youth and I beleive it is still picking up strength.

2. 1 Year! 1 Year!: Abigail and I have been married for a year! (well actually a year and six months now) So we spent May 24th this year celebrating at the gorgeous Grand Old Opery Hotel. It was really fun and very cool

1. Johnson Family Vacation: Abigail and I took our first family vacation to North Carolina and it was great. We went to the Highland Games at grandfather mountain which was really fun. Then we drove the Blue Ridge Parkway which really is just amazing in it's beauty. Our final destination was Asheville, or Hippie capitol USA. Abigail attended her conference during the day and we did stuff at night like go to this awesome waterfall that we could stand under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home