Saturday, December 18, 2004

An EPIC Level of Nerdiness

I know that a few have already done it, and now that most colleges are out and high schools get out this week, I will be joined by many, but today I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. . . all of it. All three special editions back to back to back. I must say the Lord of the Rings is truly a masterpiece. It is really amazing how each movie has it's own feel, yet they make a truly unified epic. In this regard, I must say that it even outshines the Star Wars trilogy. Of course this means that I also saw the Return of the King extended edition, which I know not to many have done yet. There is a lot of reincoprorated stuff. By far the Coolest is Eowyn and Merry chopping down Orcs, though the Saruman stuff is interesting as well. However, I find it funny that the Tolkien Purists got all up in arms that the character was removed from the the theater release of Return of the King, and the re-incoporated scene could not deviate more from the book than it did. All in all, I spent the entirety of today from 11 am to 10:30 going There and Back Again, and it was well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home