Monday, April 03, 2006

Late to the Party

It has been out for two weeks, but I just saw V for Vendetta. All I can say is Wow! I really, really liked this movie. There is a lot to like, but there were a few big highlights for me. First, I liked how the main character, V, was not a "clean hero." He was motivated by a higher ideal that people should chose their fate over a government yes, but he was also strongly motivated by revenge, and he freely killed to satisfy his. . vendetta. The idea was not explored, but one has to wonder if his motivation for toppling the facist government was not a virtuous ideaology but just the ulitmate form of vengence. I also enjoyed how this question raises several poingent questions, the one that stuck out the most for me was "What is the difference between a terrorists and a revolutionary?" Terrorists have really become the new "commuists" in a lot of ways, but we are quick to forget that many of our greatest "patriots" very easily could have been labeled a terrorist. I think the greatest reason why I liked this movie is because it's central theme really resounded with me. The idea that people should choose their own destiny instead of have it forced upon them is a theme in many of my favorite movies (The Matrix, Dead Poets Society, Serenitiy, Fight Club, heck even those silly Masked Banditz movies). Overall, I highly recommend the movie to everyone.

I also have missed out on this game for far to long:
Image hosting by Photobucket
I am one of the most unmusical people in the world, but after playing Iron Man on easy, I felt like a rock and roll super star. Watching the game's owner tear it up on expert felt like sitting in a room with a rock legend. If only the silly thing wasn't so expensive. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home