Thursday, April 27, 2006

Notes from all over

I need to not suck so much at this whole updating thing, because I wait longer than a week and I have multiple things to blog about, so instead of things being clear and consise you get a jumbled mess!

First I have finally succeeded!! Abigail has joined the dark side! Everyday it is a race to see who can grab hold of the Nintendo DS first, and honestly I think she has played it more than me! She is fighting the dark hold Nintendo has on her, but the DS is full of games that tempt her to journey deeper down the black path in front her. Oh yes, Abigail is well on her way to becoming a gamer! (this is the point where when reading this she will do her best Luke Skywalker imitation and yell "It can't be! That's impossible". I reply, "Search your feelings, you know it to be true." She yells "Noooooo" and hopefully she won't then throw herself down some deep pit, because that would be sad).
Along with Polarium, the game that really has hold of her is Brain Age.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A few days ago, I bought a new CD. This is actually the first CD I have bought in two years! Now keep in mind that I have gotten 3-4 CDs for Christimas the past three years, and with the exception of utter crap (like the Wicked soundtrack) I also listen to and like the CDs Abigail gets, so it is not like I have gone 2 years without new music. Anyway the CD is the debut album of the band Flyleaf. Seriously, click on the link and listen to their song. If it is not your type of music, you can just close the window right away.

Finally, I won an online contest! 1up, was running a contest where 15 Americans would get to play against the Developers of Metal Gear Online.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was selected as an alternate, and as luck would have it got alternated in. It was a lot of fun playing against professionals. Honestly, I know it is not a big deal to a lot of people, but it I had fun. I won't bore you with a description of the game. If you really want one, read it here.

I also really want an Ipod, especially since part of the deal with living in the cool house we are living in is that starting this spring we take care of the yard. An Ipod would be nice for that. I am also really enjoying listening to Podcast. It is like Talk radio, only I chose the subject and their are not comercials. I have spent at least a part of the past two saturdays playing the Nintendo DS and listening to Podcasts. Now that is a way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

And that is it, I think I am caught up in broadcasting my life to the world (though very little of the world actually stops by to read it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home