Monday, January 14, 2008

Top Ten Most Anticipated Games of 2008

I am mostly posting this list for my own curiosity. I know that come December 2008/January 2009 I will probably think up a list of the ten best games I played this year, and I am very curious to see how the list compares to the 10 games I am most looking forward to right now. Because it is how I roll, the list is in descending order.

10. Rainbow Six Vegas 2
I greatly enjoyed the first game in this series, but it never really, really got a hold of me. This is in part because I was never comfortable with it. One game I felt like I dominated and the next online match my controller might as well have been unplugged. It sounds like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is making all the right changes so I am ready to go give another shot.

9. Star Wars Unleashed
It is Star Wars, so this makes the game a no-brainer. On top of that, outside of some comic book stories Unleashed is the first official story that bridges the gaps between the two Star Wars trilogies. If the story telling is solid I could overlook a number of gameplay flaws.

8. Civilization Revolution
This is a true story, one time I started a game of Civilization III. Nine hours later I moved from the chair for the first time since I loaded the game. This is first time that Civilization is on the consoles, and it promises to streamline the play experience.

7. Ghostbusters
Along with Star Wars, Ghostbusters is a defining part of my childhood. It has mostly been determined that Ghostbusters 3 will never be made as a movie, but it is instead being made as a video game. This game is the true continuation of Ghostbusters, and I am so ready for it.

6. Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead is a four person Zombie Co-op game. This is all I really need to know to be sold.

5. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
I like WWII games,and Brothers in Arms has always been the most realistic WWII game around. This version promises to fix the aiming (it has always been a bit off) and add a cover system (which the first two games needed badly). I am also hoping that Brother in Arms unique multiplayer returns because I really like the small squad base stuff they did.

4. Fallout 3
Oblivion, a first person fantasy RPG, is still one of my favorite games and Fallout 3 is the latest game by the same people. This time they made a first person, post-apocalyptic RPG. So in other words, I get to trade my sword for a shotgun and fight mutants instead of trolls. I am in for that.

3. Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting game series, so I already wanted this but now that it is going to have Star Wars characters it is one of my most anticipated games this year.

2. Gears of War 2

Technically, I don't even know if this game is coming out this year, but odds are favorable that it will. Gears of War is my most played game on the 360 (177 unique played days and counting), so the sequel is a must buy.

1. Culdcept Saga
Culdcept is seriously one of my favorite games (not just video games but games period) ever. Basically Culdcept is a combination of Monopoly with a Collectible Card Game. One the PS2 I played a TON of Culdcept Saga, and I dare say with the exception of Oblivion, it is the only single player game that I have put 100+ hours in. This version of Culdcept has online play and the outside possibility of downloadable expansions, which means that the other nine games on this list might be unnecessary because starting February 6th, I may not be playing much else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home