Friday, January 21, 2005

Come to the Dark Side . . .We have cookies

At least that is what a T-shirt I saw today said. Sniker Doodles aside, this is an issue I am considering. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a game I despertly need to play, and it is one that I will be starting this week. Now I know in the game there is a choice between Light and Dark, and I don't know what to chose. When it comes to my Role-playing I am usually the straight laced Captain America type, so it should be an easy decision. However, how many games actually let you go bad? I know the obvious answer is play it twice, but RPGs and replayability don't go well for me. With the exception of Champions of Norrath, I have not been able to bring myself to re-play an RPG (though I am wanting to play through Gladius again.) So I need your opinion, do I stay a part of the Jedi who have defended the galaxy for 1,000 generations, or do I learn the power of the dark side?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dark.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have a well-formed opinion on the matter, but in the interest of providing a fair and balanced account ... (I've just been informed by lawyers from Fox that I am not to use that phrase) ... errr, rather and oppossing viewpoint, I'll say stick with the light. "Once you start down the path to the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Andrew

9:22 AM  
Blogger ButlerBowldog said...

Here's the debate (in my mind). Do you want to do whats right? Or do you want to be cool? I'll be honest, Yoda and Obi-wan are cool (but Luke's a whining whimp). On the flip-side, Darth Vader is the coolest bad-guy ever, Darth Maul was also pretty flipping awesome. With that said, my vote: Be cool, go dark!!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home