Monday, March 28, 2005

I SAW Napoleon Dynamite

This Weekend we rented both Saw and Napoleon Dynamite. Both of the movies are extremely good. I was just a tad let down by Napoleon Dynamite, but that was mostly because it had been over-hyped for me. Don't get me wrong, the movie is funny, it just is not Monty Python and the Holy Grail funny. Overall it was not a laugh out loud comedy, as much as an amusing comedy, because I was definatly amused, Gosh!

Saw on the other hand was better than I could have hoped for. It was built up as a horror movie, but it really wasn't. I guess the technical category would be "thriller". To me Saw was very remincent of Seven. It's twist and turns were a lot more creative and more suspenseful than other recent entries into this genre of film like Identity, Secret Window and the deplorable Cold Creek Manor.

I would highly recommend checking both movies out, and if you are the type who likes to buy movies by the dozens (like a few. . .or one unmentioned relative of mine), then of the two I would go with Napoleon Dynamite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home