Saturday, March 12, 2005

Gridiron Hero?

I am not an athlete. However, I am also not the last person picked (close, but never last!). In just about all sports I have something I can contribute. The classical exception to this was football, I never really liked playing football. Despite that fact, I still played football with 14 teenagers last night, and for the first time in my life, I was the star player. As a reciever, I got myself open 8 out of 10 times or so. Everytime I rushed, I got a sack, and at the end I demanded to be the quaterback, because the teens had a habit of ignoring half the team. Every drive I played as quaterback resulted as a touchdown. Yes, I was playing with teenagers, and yes as far as natural physical ability goes mid-20's is its peek, so it probably isn't that much of an acomplishment, but for the first time in my life I can say I was good at football . . .even if it was just for one game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home