Monday, September 12, 2005

Wow I can't belive it . . .

Has it really been a week since I last posted?!? I usually don't go that long, so sorry about (since I know so many people were checking in daily, frantically waiting for the next post. . riiight.) Anyway, I also really can not believe that it has been a month and half since Abigail and I left Corydon. Several different people have asked both Abigail and I if we are "homesick", and the answer both of us have is a very unsympathetic no. I don't miss Corydon at all, in fact I am glad to be out of the town, out of subbing in the school system, and even out of Old Capitol. That may sound harsh, but that is how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I deeply miss the teens I worked with and often wonder how they are doing, but I don't miss the church itself. Coming here is like a breath of fresh air, where the people actually support and like the the teens as they are and not only as who they want them to be. This is not to say that the two years that Abigail and I spent in Corydon was a loss, because it wasn't. While I probably a little bitter about a few othe going downs at Old Capitol, as a whole I count the entire experience as very worthwile and very positive. Also, I think that I grew up a lot in those two years. As I look back on the two years, and especially the last six months, hindsight is 20/20. It is amazing to see how God has worked in the lives of Abigail and I and brought us to where we are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home