Tuesday, August 16, 2005

All about Star Wars

It might have been my brother watching all six Star Wars movies or it might have been the weekly playings of Star Wars Battlefront. It could even have been finally unpacking all of my Star Wars stuff (pictures are coming!), but I have been on a larger than average Star Wars kick for the past two to three weeks. This was made even stronger on Staurday when Abigail and I went to Barnes and Noble to hang out and I read Star Wars: Visionaries
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This graphic novel is absolutly incredible! Seriously, one of the stories in there is the best Star Wars short story I have ever read (yes comics can count as short stories as far as I am concerned) if you love reading Star Wars materials (and especially if you love comics on top of that) you need to check this one.

Another part of this kick has been wanting to play a lot of Star Wars Attacktix. If you attended college with me (and most likely if you are reading this you did or you are related to me) then you know I love games, especially complicated strategic ones. Sadly, my beautiful wife does not really care for these types of games. However, Attacktix is a collectible minatures game she wil play with me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Unlike most tabletop games there is no dice ruling, no tedious measuring, and there are not as many complex choices. You just make your team and then start attacking each other .. litereally as you can see by the picture the guns really fire and the lightsabers really swing. It is easy, simple, quick, and very fun. There is also just enough stategy involved in which pieces are used and how they are moved to make satisfy my strategy game urges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home