Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Finally a post!

Wow, I have never gone this long without updating ever. . . sorry again.

So the update about the mission trip that I promised is coming, but first I wanted to share something that I find personally exciting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I took the plunge, and finally got a X-box 360! I was on tap to get one in late October, but a deal (found while glancing through the EGM message board) was too good to pass up. I was able to get the 360 Preminum pack for a total price of $331.69 from Overstock.com. Once tax is included to the normal price, it is a savings of about $92. I found out that Abigail had an elaborate plan to surprise me by secretly getting one and having it all hooked up to shock me. However, she decided that saving $92 was better than the surprise factor.
Of course, having a system is not much use without games. So today I took in a TON of games. Gamestop still had a deal that for every three traded in, I can get an extra $10. When all was said and done I had $220 in store credit. My brother also hooked me up with a buy 2 get 1 free coupon for used games. I was able to take that credit and buy Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Full Auto, Table Tennis, and Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires . On top of that I got an Intercooler fan, because I read on multiple boards that it was a must. The last of the credit was used to all but pay off my Lego Star Wars 2 pre-order (which I went ahead and switched from PS2 to 360).
I am so excited about this, and I can not wait to get going on X-box live. It is going to be a long few days as I wait for the 360 to come in the mail. I am already super pumped about playing Halo 2, Call of Duty 2, and Table Tennis online. All of you who already have a 360 stay tuned and I will post my gamer tag as soon as I get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home