Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Filler (or Yet another video game post)

Tomorrow I am leaving to go to my parents for a few days for Thanksgiving, so I probably won't post anything while there, and I didn't want to let a week pass in between post so this is here. As of tomorrow we find ourselves a month from Christmas. I will probably get one or two new games for Christmas (woot!) so it is my goal to beat everything I have not yet beat by that point. I am off to a good start because last night I finally beat the two battle that had kept me from having total mastery over Star Wars Battlefront. That still leaves the following games:

1. SOCOM- I have not beat the last level, but someone in the youth group currently has it and apperently his cousin swiped it along with about half of his games, so I probably won't get it back until after Christmas

2. Kingdom Hearts- I have not played this game forever, because of one boss who I just can't beat, and from what I have read the next major boss after this one is even harder

3. Half Life- I am close and it is just a matter of time.

4. Serious Sam- I am on the very last boss, so I just have to beat him and that is done.

5. Legend of Dragoon- a RPG I am about 65% through, I finally hit the inevitable spot where i have to run around and level up before I can beat the next boss to advance, it is becuase of this reason I have a love/hate thing with RPGs.

6. Kessen II- I actually just got this game from trading in two other games at Book and Music Exchange. This is really a good game for me because it is like the battle simulation part of Total War combined with a story instead of a strategic risk type mode.

Speaking of video game a whole bunch of watchdog organizations released a list of the Ten Most Violent Video Games that includes
Doom 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Gunslinger Girls 2
Half Life 2
Halo 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Manhunt
Mortal Kombat : Deception
Postal 2
Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Now this list really doesn't make much sense, because there is no qualifier on it that says most violent video gaems this year because there are older games much more violent than some of these. This list also doesn't make sense because Gunslinger Girls 2 is a Japanese only game, and I am guessing the whole idea of this list is so that watchful moms (since the vast majority of organizations that made this list are feminist groups) can keep evil influences from their kids it doesn't make much sense to include a game that will not be released in this country. Personally, I think hype influenced putting games like Halo 2 on there. The game Red Dead Revolver more blood and gore than Halo 2 and in that game you shoot people as opposed to alien scum. Also, Hitman: Blood Money doesn't even have a scheduled relase date yet and only 1 screenshot has been released. Finally, the most wacked out thing on this list is Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The game is rated T and is a turn based RPG. I am not sure why this is considered to be one of the most violent games. Especially considering when other turned based RPGs like Shin Megami Tensi: Nocturne which very heavily features the occult and gruesome images. This list really is harmless, and its aim of informing otherwise ignorant parents so they do not expose their children they really shouldn't be exposed to is a good one. However, their list also proves they have no bloody idea what they are talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home