Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Big Weekend

from Friday at noon till 7:30 tonight I worked 33 1/2 hours. Now granted, only in youth ministry can playing video games with a teenager count as working, but still It was lot of hours to put in during one weekend! It all started on Friday with not eating lunch with students at the high school, they weren't eating because of Planned Famine, and I suffered with them. Then after that I had a meeting with other youth workers and from there I had to get ready for Planned Famine. It went really well. This year for planned famine we combined with two other churches to do it. Between the three churches there were about 45 students, which was really cool. Then this morning, the youth were in charge of the worship service. We had a band from another church (the Corydon Presbyterian church, who was one of the churches we did the famine with) come and play. At this service I gave my first real sermon in front of an entire congregation, and Abigail said I delievered it perfectly, so that was cool. Then at 3:00 pm a teen came over to my apartment and we hung out until youth group. Because this week so was busy Youth Group consisted of hanging out at Dairy Queen, and then I came home. Played video games with Abigail, and typed this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home