Thursday, November 17, 2005

A busy Weekend!

I have a full weekend planned. It starts tomorrow with taking the youth group to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Now as far as epic fantasy goes (because that is ultimantly what Harry Potter is) I perfer the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia varieties. However, I did find myself enjoying the movies (even the first one which I really hated the first time I saw it) when I watched them to plan the Harry Potter youth group series we did. So I am looking forward to seeing this one, and who knows I may go all out and read the fifth book (after I finish the book I am reading now). It is all Jr. highers going to see Harry Potter, then on Saturday I am going with the Sr. Highers to play paintball (if the weather holds). I have not been able to use my paintball gun since February and that was blast, so I am really looking forward to going again. Then on Sunday I have a big meeting at 10:00. It is an informational meeting for the mission trip the sr. high youth will be going on in July. We are going to the Cayman Islands!!!!! Yes, you can do a mission trip in an incredible tropical place like that. In 2004 Hurricane Ivan hit Grand Cayman and several churches still need help making some repairs, and that is what we are going to do. I then have youth group that night (for the number people youth group meetings has been averaging around 11, which is about double what they were doing before). So yeah, there is a lot of stuff going on this weekend, and it is all "work". Oh yeah, I have one of the best jobs in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home