Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Top Ten of 2005

I find it hard to believe that this is my fourth top ten of a year list to post online. Have I really been blogging that long? Anyway, this has by far been one of the most eventful years I think I have ever experienced, and I think this list reflects that!

10. Online Gaming Return to Castle Wolfenstien touched me deeply. I played this game a ton my junior year of college and all of that was online play. I think since the first week of being married, I begged Abigial for a broadband internet connection so I can play online. Last year for Christmas I got one, and this entire year was spent playing games online! Most of my gaming time this year was eaten up by the following games online: Star Wars Battlefront, Killzone, Timespitters Future Perfect, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, World Poker Championship, and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.

9. Fall Retreat This is the most major thing I have done with the youth group at Epworth so far, and it went well. With the exception that I got taken out by an 80 lb 6th grader. Her head coliding with my knee sent me to the emergency room. My knee has still not fully healed, it is not something I want to repeat, but it is a memory I will definatly keep!

8. Old Capitol Youth Service The service was near perfect, but the reason why this is on the top ten is because I spoke perfectly. I have mediocre confidence in my public speaking abilities at best, but I know that on that day I hit a grand slam.

7. Cedar Point I am a huge roller Coaster fan. This trip was my first exposure to the youth at Epworth (I technically had not even started working there yet). The trip was fun, but I got to ride some absolutly incredible roller coasters like Millineium Force.

6. Miller/Conrad Wedding I know getting excited and thinking it is so cute when people get married is a girl thing to do, but it is really cool that Joe and Suz finally tied the knot. I really enjoyed going to the wedding and the reception was a great time to catch up with old friends.

5. Casting Crowns Concert This is the second time we have seen them in concert, and this was better than the last. This "concert" was the absolute best church service I have attended all year, and for that reason alone it is on the list.

4. Icthus Now this is the best concert I went to. I took the youth group from Old Capitol for only a day, but it was the right day to go! I got to hear my favorite bands: Thousand Foot Krutch and Pillar. The fact I also got to hear Kutless, Reliant K, and Charlie Hall just makes it better.

3. Midnight Showing of Star Wars It is odd, it felt like a liftime between Episode I and Episode II, but it felt like there was no time at all between Episode II and III. Due to the pre-selling of tickets, I didn't have to wait in line for five hours like I did for Attack of the Clones, but it was still fun. What made this midnight showing even better is I got to enjoy it with Abigail (that and Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie since 1980)

2. Moving Moving is always a major life event, and it was for Abigail and I. The month of June contained so many crazy emotions, and it ultimantly ended with getting hired at a new church and preparing to move. Looking back now, six months after the fact I notice that I freaked out a bit to much, God's faithfulness is amazing, and as Abigail insistantly told me, it all worked out.

1. Scotland I have a feeling that our vacation to Scotland is going to be one of those timeless memories that I will always hold dear, and that if at the end of my life I were to make a top ten life events, this would be on it. Seriously, I think that each day of those ten days could have there own top ten list. I loved every minute of it and would not trade those ten days for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home